Friday, February 6, 2009

Week 5 - Green tea ice cream



Click above images to view larger


It was my birthday earlier this week, so I decided to celebrate with ice cream. I picked up a box 0f red bean / green tea ice cream cakes and a container of something "Happy Mouth," which were sesame cookie chunk things. Similar to fried things, I figured that anything mixed with cream and sugar had to taste good. The verdict: Not so good. The sesame things were tasty, but the green tea things, not so much. The ice cream was flavorless, the crust tasted like a communion wafer (think styro foam) and the nice looking red center on the box is actually just a bunch of actual unsweetened beans. To top it all off, the small box of these things was about $6, far more than a good ice cream product at a super market. Out of all of the things I've tried at the Asian market so far, this was the one thing that I assumed would taste good when I got home and it has been the only thing that has been disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment