Thursday, March 26, 2009

Week 11 - Peanuts Coffee Flavor Coated



Click the above images to view larger

Again, I grabbed something quick that I didn't have to cook. These looked tasty and could possibly travel with me. Although I did eat them, I didn't get around to photographing them and writing about them here.

The taste of these is different than expected. I was expecting something very sweet. These however tasted more like espresso beans coated in peanut dust than the other way around. They really weren't sweet at all. Everyone else that I had try them thought the same thing. They weren't bad though once you got used to the unexpected flavor. It is actually nice not having everything super sweet. Since trying the ice cream which wasn't very sweet and now these, I'm beginning to wonder if the Asian palette doesn't enjoy things as sweet as the Americans. Perhaps the all the sugar and high fructose corn syrup packed into American foods has altered my perception of sweet. Or maybe I just happened to get some stuff that wasn't so sweet. I'll have to keep investigating.

One of the more interesting things about this product is the list of other flavors on the side of the can. It looks like there is chicken, shish kabob, shrimp, seaweed and some sort of seafood soup. Maybe in a few weeks, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment