Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Week 8 - Pickled Green Mango



Click above image to view larger

Things have been kind of hectic lately and I totally blew it last week. To make up for it, I'm going to get two things this week. The first item bought is pickled green mangos. I love sweet ripe mangos and I like pickles a lot. I'm just not so sure about the combination. Green mangos are also more on the tart side, rather than sweet and are very firm as well.

Normally I would just grab one out of the jar and eat it like an animal, but I decided to be classy and slice one on a plate so it looks pretty for this blog.

The verdict: I'm not entirely sure what I think. It tasted like an unripe mango, with salt and vinegar, ie, exactly what you would expect a pickled green mango to taste like. I think I may have to eat more to acquire a taste for them. I think they would be better in smaller batches, like in a martini or on a sandwich or something rather than an entire slice by itself. I'll have to return to this post in the near future with an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment